All Pro Chimney Service is the right choice for chimney sweep services in Columbia, MD. If your home has a wood-burning or gas fireplace, there’s a good chance you use it pretty frequently during the frigid months of winter. While it may be a little too cold to get out and enjoy nearby Lake Elkhorn Park or a day of boating on Lake Kittamanqundi, there’s nothing wrong with getting cozy with a mug of hot cocoa in front of the fireplace. However, if you haven’t yet scheduled your annual chimney inspection and chimney sweep, you may want to hold off on using that fireplace too much until you’re able to have these essential services performed. By doing so, you’ll be able to use your home’s chimney with greater confidence and peace of mind.
What Does a Chimney Inspection Entail?
At All Pro Chimney Service, we offer three different levels of chimney inspections based on your needs.
- Level 1 – A basic, Level 1 inspection is what we recommend annually for most homeowners with chimneys. This inspection involves checking the structure of your chimney for damage, as well as making sure there aren’t dangerous levels of creosote or another flammable material build-up in your fireplace flue.
- Level 2 – A Level 2 inspection, on the other hand, is recommended whenever you’re looking to buy or sell a home with a fireplace/chimney. This level of inspection takes a more detailed look not only at the chimney and flue, but its surrounding structures within the home as well.
- Level 3 – With a Level 3 inspection, we usually only recommend these if we’ve uncovered signs of a hazard and needed to investigate further. This inspection may involve using video or other specialized tools to view areas of your chimney or home that are not readily accessible.
The Importance of Regular Chimney Sweep Services
A Level 1 chimney inspection is included with every chimney sweep service at All Pro Chimney Service. The main benefit of having your chimney swept annually is reducing fire hazards when your fireplace is in use. Over time, creosote (a highly flammable material) can build up inside the flue of your chimney with repeated use of your unit. When we perform a chimney sweep, we carefully remove this and other dangerous build-up so you can use your fireplace with confidence and peace of mind. Contrary to popular belief, even gas fireplaces need an annual chimney sweep.
Depending on how often you use the fireplace in your Columbia home, it may be necessary to have a chimney cleaning more frequently than annually, as build-up may accumulate faster.
When you trust our professionals with your home’s chimney sweep needs, we will:
- set a drop cloth around our work area to protect your home and furniture
- thoroughly clean your chimney’s flue
- dispose of all ashes and debris away from your home
- inspect your chimney
If we detect any repairs that need to be done on your stack, we can also perform these on-the-spot at a discounted rate, or at your convenience in the future. Ready to schedule your Columbia chimney sweep and inspection? Give us a call today!
Fireplace and Chimney Services in Howard County
Other Areas That We Service
OTHER SERVICES FROM ALL PRO CHIMNEY SERVICES