Germantown MD Chimney Sweep Services
When was the last time you had your chimney inspected and cleaned? Annual chimney sweeps are a vital part of proper chimney maintenance. If it’s been over a year, contact us at All Pro Chimney Service for a chimney cleaning by our CSIA certified chimney sweep professionals. We are committed to helping homeowners in Germantown, MD maintain their chimneys. All Pro Chimney is the right choice for chimney sweep services in Germantown, MD.
Why Choose All Pro Chimney?When it comes to service, our name says it all. We are chimney service professionals. We are known throughout Montgomery County for our reliable, professional chimney sweep services. We tailor our service to each of our customers. Not every home or situation is the same, so our chimney sweeps customize their work for the customer. We know that chimney cleaning is a dirty business. As a result, we take extra care to make sure that your home is as clean after your chimney cleaning as it was originally. We put down drop cloths around the work area so no ash or debris gets on your floors, carpets, or furniture. We clean up all ash and soot and remove it from your residence, leaving your home as we found it — but with a clean chimney.
Do I Have to Have My Chimney Cleaned Every Year?Most people don’t know how often their chimneys need cleaning. It’s hard to tell unless a trained and certified chimney sweep inspects the chimney. You need to have your chimney inspected every year, according to the National Fire Protection Association Standard 211 (NFPA 211), but you do not necessarily have to have your chimney cleaned every year unless a professional chimney sweep recommends it. At All Pro Chimney Service, if your chimney is inspected and doesn’t need cleaning, we only charge for the inspection.
How All Pro Chimney Sweeps ChimneysOur professional chimney sweeps arrive on time to clean your chimney because we know your time is valuable. Our chimney sweep performs a level one inspection to determine if your chimney needs cleaning or repairs. Our sweeps will document the inspection with photographs and notes.
- If the sweep determines your chimney doesn’t need to be cleaned, you’ll only be charged for the inspection.
- If your chimney needs cleaning, our sweep will then clean it and inspect the flue for possible issues. The sweep will go over the cleaning and any problems they found.
- If your chimney needs minor repairs, the sweep may be able to fix the problems at a reduced cost to you while on site. Otherwise, you will get an estimation of the repairs needed and the price.
Levels of Chimney InspectionsWe have three levels of chimney inspections: level one, level two, and level three inspections.
- Level One Inspection — The sweep inspects the chimney’s structure for soundness. They also check the flue and flue liner to be sure there are no deposits or build up of flammable material such as creosote and also ensure that there is no obstruction in the chimney.
- Level Two Inspection — Level 2 inspections includes checking the crawl spaces, basement, and attic and may use a video to scan the flue systems as well as perform a Level One Inspection. Level two inspections are most commonly completed as part of a real estate transaction.
- Level Three Inspection — Level Three Inspections are performed on the hidden portions of the chimney or heating appliance when there is a hazard or malfunction, or a hazard is suspected.